View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #62
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Hi Byron. First let me commend you on really searching for the right home. Making them your first priority. If I could make a couple of suggestions. The first suggestion would be to have them both neutered if they aren't already. A good reason for this is that no matter how good a home seems you just never know down the road what will happen and based on your posts I know that you would never want your boys to end up in a puppymill as a breeder dogs. There are a lot of very underhanded people that come out of the wood work when they see "Free." Remember, a good con man will know what to say and do to get what he or she wants. The second suggestion I would make is to draw up a contract with the home that takes the boys and have it notorized. I would word it with something like if you are not happy with the care the boys are getting you have a right to take them back and also put in there that if for any reason that home cannot keep them that you have get them back, this way they don't end up sold to another home. I would also check out their vet references as well as personal references and do a home check to see the environment they are living in. Just a few suggestions.

Elaine (Mom to five rescues)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!