View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Breeze
Puppy Luv
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangobomb View Post
Hello,
I am a new dog owner. I have a 11 month year old yorkie. He came from a very good breeder. He was purchased by a friend who could not handle his high energy. I bought the dog from them when he was 6 months old and had not been housebroken. All of the advice I read on this subject discuss young puppies or newborns and not really dogs that are a little older.

I have tried everything short of standing on my head and whistling Dixie! I have the puppy pads, but he only uses them if I put him on the leash where he has no choice. I take him for walks and he will pee on every tree on my street and come in the house and immediately pee on the floor. I only recently learned of the crate method, but I don't know if it will work with dogs that are a little older. Besides it breaks my heart to think of leaving him in the kennel all day. I keep him on the leash at night to keep if from peeing all over the house. My expensive area rugs and even more expensive silk curtains will be destroyed if I he isn't trained.. I spend a a lot of money on nature's miracle to keep my house for smelling like a latrine. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
At 11 months old it also sounds like he is marking. Your best bet is to have have neutered if he is not done already. Your other option is to use bellybands on him to stop the urine damage in your house.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!