View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #49
MeganS
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelate View Post
It's funny how people want to jump on me for being "negative" or having "attitude" when most people in this thread haven't even offered anything constructive to help this woman. I actually took the time to post links and suggest someone that she may call for a lead on actual help in finding these dogs homes.

And no, I haven't lived a privileged easy life. I've worked my ass off to get to where I am today and quite frankly that's no one's business anyhow. You sound like an emotional, hysterical bunch of children.
Well everyone may not have posted links to a shelter or potential foster homes, but most people did try to be there for support. I've been there - the support meant just as much to me as finding the homes did.

You don't seem to even be thinking about how this person feels. I absolutely can't stand it when someone says you shouldn't get a dog if you can't make the life long commitment. Are you saying that when you got your dogs you were absolutely 100% sure that nothing would ever go wrong for 15+ years?

Cause let me tell you something, when I had to rehome my dogs, it was shocking. We WERE well off and always had been. Until my mom became disabled. Then, 9 years later for one, and a year and a half later for the other (they were different ages, obviously), we had to rehome them. CRAP - should've seen it coming! what WERE we thinking?

Someone who has been there and felt the heartbreak and pain would never be so judgemental. It's not as if the dog is peeing on her couch. She got divorced, something you don't see coming. This is one of the most heart breaking things an owner could ever do, and you obviously don't have a clue about that.

I'd say that she's come to the right place if she wants to find a home for her dogs. Because for every person who is going to be judgemental and tell her she shouldn't have gotten a dog in the first place, there are 5 people who want to help her out.

All Gave Some; Some Gave All

Last edited by MeganS; 03-06-2009 at 09:01 PM.
MeganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!