Thread: Parti-yorkies
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #11
phfgkl
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgoodall View Post
Didn't mean to start a controversy. Not trying to argue. Yes Biewers are Yorkies. They began breeding them in Germany several years ago. They are beautiful little dogs, and people are trying to have them recognized by the AKC, but so far they are CkC which is Continental Kennal Club. However, Maltese or some other breed mized with Yorkie is not recognized is not recognized by AKC. The Biewers have every right to be recognized by them, and I hope it happens. I had a Malti zhu for 17 yrs, and I adored him. However, when you mix one breed with another, they cannot be recognized by AKC. Maybe, you do have a Biewer and not a mix. Their coloring is different (more white) As I said before, they are beautiful, and can be registered with the CKC. Really hope AKC steps up to the plate. However, we love them with all our hearts, and who cares about the registration unless you are going to show or breed. Even then, Biewers can come with a very high price tag. I know someone who paid $4000 for one. I know your dog is precious, and that you will love, love, love him or her. (can't remember) Tucker's Mom
I have a biewer terrier, biewers not necessarily have more white on them(I own two of them infact). Partis' can come with just as high if not higher prices than the biewer, infact, I've seen some yorkies go for higher prices than some biewer terriers.
phfgkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!