Thread: Parti-yorkies
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Destinie16
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Parti-yorkies

I recently came across a beautiful puppy while searching for a new puppy to bring into my home. At first, I thought she must be a yorkie/s**t-zhu or maltese mix, but then I noticed that she is a AKC Parti-yorkie. Regardless of what she is, I think she is fantastic and is the perfect type of puppy for me (happy, small, non-shedding, and from a breeder NOT a puppy mill). I am a little nervous about bringing her into my life though for a few reasons. I know that people say that this type of dog has been around for generations DESPITE the fact that they've just started being bred recently, but I've never actually had experience with this type of dog. There are so many people with so many ideas about whether Parti-Yorkies are more prone to disease or not more prone to disease than traditional yorkies OR whether their gene is simply recessive or whether it is a genetic defect. SO, rather than reading "around in circles" I'd love to hear from parti-yorkie owners. Here are my questions for all Parti-yorkie owners out there:

1. How old is your OLDEST parti-yokie or how old was he or she before he or she passed on?

2. Were there any genetic disorders present within your parti-yorkie?

3. Did anyone get a parti-yorkie from Baltic, Ohio?

3. Are there any specific tests I should ask for when I bring her to the vet?

4. Any additional information and/or pictures/stories would be fantastic.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Maria
Destinie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!