View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
yasminv1
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry He Marked at a Friend's House!!!

Biggie is a 2 year old neutered male. He recently started marking trees in the neighboorhood when we are out walking or when he goes to potty. He was a squatter all the time until just before turning 2.

I could have killed Biggie yesterday. We went over to a friend's house to meet my friend's new 2 pound male yorkie. I kept a close eye on Biggie. He was not interested at all in the other dog. He was consumed with smelling and tracking scents on the floor. After a few minutes he came over to the couch I was sitting at and he raised his leg and peed on the couch!!! I was shocked. He had just peed 10 minutes ealier before we came in. Luckily, he only had a few dribbles.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again? I know I can just keep him on the leash when visiting friends and family but I feel like there has to be something else I can do to prevent him from marking inside homes. He has NEVER done this at home that I have seen. I hate to have to start keeping him on the leash when we are visiting family. He enjoys when we visit our family. He is so good when we are there. He has never had an accident. I have no clue where the marking came from and why it has just recently started. I don't even know if this is anything to worry about or not. I am so confused.
yasminv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!