Thread: Home Alone
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
viviansnickers
Snick&Viv= BFF
Donating Member

We are transitioning right now from crate to bathroom w/ baby gate. We started Monday and Snick has had 2 accidents so I'm not sure he is even ready for the bathroom. I SO want him to be, he had 2 perfect days and 2 days with accidents. He will not pee on the pad we leave him b/c he is trained to go outside so he pee's on the floor. He pee'd today so my husband is crating him for the afternoon which makes me sad since I HATE his crate (feel it is mean.) Should I even be doing the bathroom yet if he had accidents? Is he not ready or should I stick it out and see if he gets the hang of it? I SO want him to get the hang of it. He looks so pitiful in a cage (ew! I hate the crate so much, he is not a fan either)

I doubt I will ever give him full run of the house, it's too hard to find if he pee's or poops somewhere since he is so small. I heard you should give him space over time. Like since he has been in his pen, now give him his pen plus some more space like a hallway or something connected. Wait until he is accident free for 2 weeks then increase space and so on. This was told to me by a trainer and makes sense to me.

Good luck...I need it too!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!