View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #7
chloesMama
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofia2210 View Post
thanks for your answers.. for me its hard when i'm at school since 7am until almost 6pm and sometimes until 10pm.. when he was little he used to go on the pads but since i started taking him out he preferes going out, dont know how to train him to do both, so when im not home he can go on the pads.. he is doing in on the carpet, i try cleaning it with oxyclean its working a little bit, still the smell its there a LOT, dont know what its the other thing you say for the smell, where they sell it? its there some product that do both clean and odor? its my moms house so i can take out the carpet. Im putting pads on top of the carpet where he already mark his territory, he is not going on those places anymore but dont know if this will work all the time, dont want to keep the pads there all the time.. hope u can help.. my mom is coming to town soon need to figure something out if not she will freak out again!!
It's called Natures Miracle they sell it at Petco and Petsmart. It cleans and takes the smell out so the dogs don't keep going back to the same spot. I would clean it good (with a steamer if possible) then spray the natures miracle down to eliminate any left over smell.

I would also get him an X pen / playyard and set it up somewhere that has no carpet like the kitchen or a bathroom and leave him in that when you are not home . Leave the pads in there with him , he may use them. That way he is confined to a area , but he still has plenty of room to play and potty and eat. I wouldn't let him have free roam of the house ( if that's what your doing now)

Since you are gone such long hours could you do doggie day care ? Atleast maybe a couple times a week or hire a dog walker/sitter for a couple hours so he isn't alone all day from 6 til 10 ? Or even a friend that can take him a couple days a week to play with their dogs ?

Last edited by chloesMama; 02-25-2009 at 10:06 PM.
chloesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!