View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
ladylawinkc
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Very upset with a message from a YT member!

If anyone would take the time to review the posts I have submitted on this site, they would see that I have always thanked and complimented the YT members for their assistance, compassion, caring and for taking the time to answer all of my questions and concerns - or simply for taking the time to give me positive feedback on the little videos or pictures I have posted of my Bella and her babies - - until yesterday. This site is so important to me that I became a donating member - I appreciate being able to have a site such as this one.

I posted a little video of my Bella and two of her puppies that we are taking care of while their new parents are on vacation. I just posted it yesterday afternoon and have already received nine glowing comments and another private message complimenting my post. Unfortunately, I did receive another private message that was just absolutely insulting to me as an animal lover and caretaker. I responded to this member's private message, but all night last night, it still bothered me. I decided to post his message and my response in this open forum (though I crossed out his name - using better judgment than he did when he judged me). By posting these messages on the open forum, I am not asking for any responses or support. I did not feel as though I needed to justify anything. For the record only, I want people to know that judging someone unfairly can truly hurt the one being judged. I thank you for letting me vent. I have pasted his initial message to me and my response below:

__________________________________________________ ______________
Originally Posted by XXXXXXX

I'm sure mommy was glad to see how big her babies had gotten. While watching the video I noticed what looks like stone tile in front of the couch they were playing on. When the one dog jumped off the couch I was worried that it might fall over and hits its head on the stone. You might want to look at this.

Not being nosey, just worried Yorkie Owner.

John

John,

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concern regarding my care of my animals. I have 19 animals and live out in the country. Most of them were abused, neglected and dumped - obviously, not my Yorkie. I have taken each one in, immediately taken them to the vet, and they all receive unconditional love, security, continuous vet care, shelter, and above all, every one of them is like one of my children. We have spent thousands of dollars for care and maintenance for animals that others just threw away as if they were trash.

My college-aged daughter and I helped Bella deliver her four pups and I took care of them for eight weeks without incident. Since I am semi-retired from the legal profession, I am at home most of the time. My home is absolutely safe for animals and/or small children. I am and always have been very safety conscious under all circumstances.

I viewed the video again and watched the part that you were concerned about. Since you have never been in my home, you would not know that the table you referred to weighs about 300 pounds and was custom-made with our animals in mind. The tiles will not break, nor are they a safety hazard to animals or people alike. I am assuming since you have not been here, you were not able to notice the distance between the couch and the table. It is of a distance that when our little animals or large animals either jump from the floor to the couch or vice versa, they will not be injured, nor has any such injury ever occurred.

You suggested I look into "this." There is no need as I pride myself on taking excellent care of my animals as well as loving them like my children. Lastly, you signed off as "just worried Yorkie Owner." I suggest you choose someone else to criticize or perhaps choose a cause that people really need to worry about. Better yet, perhaps you should go to an animal shelter and worry about getting homes for those forgotten and lonely animals who never asked for their plight.

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. I hope my response will adequately put your worries about my animals to rest.

Sincerely,

Someone Who Cares
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!