Thread: Pet Insurance?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
TOY
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I may not have stated it clearly. Policy coverage is just for one year but if you are insured with them, you can continue coverage on your pet for his/her entire life. Some I have seen stop at 8 years and also do not cover problems they consider common to the breed.

The actual name of the insurance is Pet Plan. I know...you thought I meant generic..LOL

I'm getting the deluxe policy that even covers boarding if I am hospitalized and no one is available to care for the Yorkie. It covers advertising if the pet is lost, a % of non-recoverable vacation costs if your pet gets sick on vacation, and even extraction of teeth.

I have asked the company if they ever plan to offer a wellness plan, too. I only asked it tonight so I don't know. They do not cover sterilization nor regular teeth cleaning. I don't recall reading about vaccinations either but I did see that they cover prescriptions.

I'm pretty impressed with their coverage and it takes alot to impress me with ANY insurance. It was practically the kiss of death to be put on an insurance committee when I taught..LOL

Hope this helps,
TOY
TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!