Thread: Pet Insurance?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
chandracz
♥I Luv my BaileyBlue♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna317 View Post
So I'm going to be a first time Mommy and I'm looking into all aspects of making sure my baby is provided for. I've read a lot of people's opinions on pet insurance, and wanted to get some from YT. Do you think pet insurance is worth it?? Does any body here have pet insurance??

Appreciate any opinion!! Thanks.

JG
I have Bailey on Pet insurance. A lot of people think it's silly, but I ignore them. I think it's soooooo worth it. The incident that helped seal the deal with me was when I almost lost Bailey when he was about a year old. One day he got suddenly sick for no reason. He coudn't stomach his food. He couldn't keep it in or down. I took him to the vet and put him on some medicine. I had to take him back in to the ER later that night. He was a very sick boy and the vet wanted to keep him overnight. I made the decision to take him home with me, but we put an IV bag under his skin. I stayed up all night with him, putting drops of water on his tongue, petting him, talking to him holding him and giving him his meds as needed. The next morning he was better and he slowly got better. He will be on special food for the rest of his life but it's worth it because I have him. Even though he didn't stay overnight at the Vet's office, the many visit's there for follow up's and the meds he was on were very expensive! Had I had insurance for him, that would have helped out financially. The only downfall with Pet insurance is it does not cover pre existing conditions. So if Bailey were to have another episode like the one he had when he was when he was one year old it wouldn't be covered. BUT if GOD FORBID something else happened to him that isn't pre existing it would be covered. There are also policies that cover preventative vet visits too. I personally think pet insurance is a great idea and encourage it!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!