View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #93
jeanm1963
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default RE: my puppymill story

I really hope that ANYONE who wants to adopt one of these animal, however cute they are are prepared for what they will be getting, it is so sad to watch the videos and Im sure lots of people were like ohhh I want one, but they are not really " pets" at first anyways. People who want to adopt a dog want a companion, want to take walks , throw balls, snuggle and get kisses. When you see the dogs in the adoption center they are quite comfortable since that is the enviorment they always lived in, lots of dogs , cages and big loud barks. However when you get them home its another story, they are timid dont like to be pet, ( because they never were) , they dont have any idea how to go outside and pee, they even pee in thier kennels because they always have done thier business where they live. Please dont misunderstand what I am trying to say but I know it was alot of work for my mother, since she is older she didnt really care to much about snuggling and kissing and had alot of patients, but Im going to be honest my daughter who was down there for winter break said eww nana this is not a fun dog at all. Im soo soo happy that they were removed from such deplorable conditions I just hope alot of time and effort and skill is used in placing these dogs because its not easy, they deffinatly are timid around children who are young and move quickly. I do hope they find wonderful homes for each and everyone but sometimes resuce places just want the money and send the dog off!!
jeanm1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!