View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
shade1721
Yorkie Talker

Angry Groomer mistake? I am very upset.

This morning I took our baby to our vet for a haircut. They have a groomer who comes in on Fridays. We have been taking him to them to get him groomed since we got him just over a year and a half ago with no real problems. However they have recently changed groomers. Baxter was fine this morning. I took off his sweatshirt, put on his harness and everything was as usual. When I picked him up at the vet, the receptionist said that the groomer had told her that he had a "hotspot" that was a little tender on his upper right leg and that a little Neosporin would help it out. The groomer had already put his clean sweatshirt on, so I didn't look at it before I left. They didn't sound concerned, so I really wasn't. When I got home, I took off his sweatshirt to remove his harness and look at the hotspot. Now I don't know what a "hotspot" is supposed to look like on a yorkie, but my golden retriever will get them in the summer sometimes and it is normally just a red raw rashy area. What I saw on Baxter was NOT like that. There is blood matted in his fur, he flinches and shakes when I touch it. It is breaking my heart. I swear he did not have this SPOT this morning. I snuggled with him all night, dressed him this morning and there was no flinching and definitely NO blood. Do you think she accidentally cut him or could this have been an invisible "hotspot" that just suddenly appeared??? I am VERY unhappy and concerned. Is Neosporin okay? My vet had closed by the time I saw it so I cannot call them and talk about it until tomorrow. Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!