View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 08:45 AM   #4
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

Am I to understand that you have an 8 1/2 year old dog. 4 years of the housebreaking went fine, then the other 4 1/2 years you have been having problems with her with the last year being the worse?

Was your dog ever 100% housebroken? Or were the accidents less frequent for the 1st 4 years? At least the accidents were infrequent enough to not cause a problem with you? and now they are so frequent they are impossible to live with?

If you had a 100% trained dog, then I would agree that you are dealing with a dominance issue. I have been told that dogs do not "get mad" at their owners and therefore defecate or void in front of them. Dogs do not have the emotions that humans attach to them. Revenge is not an emotion that they harbor. Whatever problems you are having it has to do with social heirarchy or not properly trained in the begining.

My recommendation to you is contact a dog trainer or behavioralist to get to the bottom of the problem. Based on their recommendations you may be able to solve the problem with some time and effort and have a great dog for the rest of her life.
Ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!