View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
cj125
Mia, Max and Moe's Mom
Donating Member

I'm a little upset that you want to leave a 9 1/2 week old puppy home alone for 9 hours a day? (Not including nighttime)

I'm not trying to be mean but.... Dogs are pack animals - they are not meant to be alone. They NEED interaction with other animals or people.

Your puppy is very young. She should have been with her Mom and littermates until she was 12 weeks old. She would have learned alot about biting, barking, potty training, and socialization if she had been with them longer. (all things you have been asking about)

Are you walking her after you get home? Playing with her? She needs to release some of that energy that she's built up after sleeping and being alone all day. Her play time should be spaced out - not all at once or she can get run down.

If you have to leave her alone please use a large xpen. Put her pee pads, bed, water bottle, small food dish, toys and something that smells like you in there. I'd leave the radio or tv on.

I'm sorry - I really don't mean to sound so harsh. I just don't understand leaving these little ones alone so much. Hubby and I rush home so that ours aren't alone too long. We even take turns on who does the errands.

You could get a second one so that she has a buddy
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!