View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #28
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
I saw her precious little face a couple of weeks ago when searching petfinder.

I clicked on her, and started to read about her having LS surgery. Since I have experience, I was drawn to her and b/c she looks like a mini Cuddles (the Morkie in my avatar) - BUT when I saw her adoption fee was $2000 - I was really, really surprised...Especially since she WILL require special food, supplements, BAT testing, etc...for LIFE

I don't know the reasons behind that high fee, hopefully she will find a good loving home that will have the knowledge to give her the proper after care, as her chances of possibly shooting another shunt or MVD down the road is pretty high....

It could be that they set the fee that high to discourage applications from people who are just looking for a cute little yorkie. There are many people who do not understand about medical issues and that might be part of the reason. I still think it is extremely high....but, if they get someone who is willing to pay that much, chances are they will be great adopters and know what they are getting involved in.
Just a thought....I am not saying that I think the fee is reasonable, just trying to understand it.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!