View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
SweetViolet
Donating YT Addict

Omg Thank goodness we took her with us!

Last night, Valentine's Day, Hubby booked us an outside table at our favourite tapas restaurant. Puddin', as my Valentine's prezzie, came with us.

We got home just after 9...we'd been gone 2 1/2 hours...and as I headed to the bathroom to put Puddin' on her puddle pad I noticed our big screen TV in the middle of the hallway. It took a second to click, but I realized we were being burglarized!

They only got away with some inexpensive jewellery, a couple of watches and two laptops, but what scared me the worst was the condition of the bathroom. It is a large room, at least 12 x15 ft, and the dressing area has been given to Puddin' as her bedroom. Apparently the intruders were looking for a wall safe, as every closet and cupboard in the place was open, clothes all over the floor, and her bed and crate shoved to the side.

Imagine if we have left her there, thinking she was safe in her little "bedroom"? She is so tiny, she would have easily been injured, not to mention terrorized. She slept in our bed last night as I can't clean until the police forensics guys have been here and the thieves spilled stuff all over the floor that I am afraid to let Puddin' walk through.

Everybody is OK, the Maltese Mafia are stressed out and the Foxy is her normal goofy, oblivious self...but I can't help but fret about what would have happened to my baby if we had decided to leave her in her "safe" bedroom. They kicked down a heavy-duty security gate to the upstairs family room to get the TV...I have no illusions about how they would have treated a tiny puppy if it got underfoot!

Last edited by SweetViolet; 02-15-2009 at 02:15 AM.
SweetViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!