View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
SissaYSU
Senior Yorkie Talker

Blood results came back...it is official: Tyke has a pancreatitis

Has anyone ever had a dog that was sick with this? We ask the vet if he'll be ok and all she will say is that you just treat the symptoms and that it would 7-10 days. She won 't give us a direct yes or no answer and now my family is beside themselves with worry.
Today: threw up in the morning but he hadn't eaten anything and sometimes if he's hungry, he does. Diarrhea this morning, too. Mom took him into the vet where he did need more fluids. However, when he pooped tonight, there was some blood, but it was solid The little blood is a good sign because my mom said before when he pooped it was nothing but dark red. Also, some guy came to deliver my mom flowers (she is getting over wrist surgery) and he was barking at the door. I brought home my yorkie (Bubba) from the apartment and he was up with his tail wagging saying hi.

He still looks so tired, though. He has to go to vet again at 4pm Friday to check for dehydration one more time before the weekend. My mom might take him tomorrow...because she took him today and he needed fluids after he had gotten some yesterday. They asked if we'd like to keep him overnight, but the problem is nobody stays with them after certain hours...here at least he would always have someone around.

Has anyone ever had a dog with this, and please tell me they survived and were ok because right now I don't think we can take any more bad news
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!