View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
AVERYxo
Lovin' my Girlies!!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetViolet View Post
I'm old fashioned...I use white vinegar.

The study in my house has a sisal carpet laid over concrete and it had pet stains from the previous owner. I had the maid wash it with a scrub brush and carpet cleaner, then vacuum out the water and suddenly my whole study smelled like pee! We misted the carpet with white vinegar several times and within a couple of days the smell was gone.

If you actually find a puddle on the floor or wet spot on a carpet, after you have soaked up the accident, pour white vinegar on the spot, let it sit for a bit, then vacuum it up (make sure you use a wet/dry vac!).

Vinegar neutralizes the ammonia smell of urine that calls a dog back to the spot.
i have heard this! haven't tried it.. but very good post!

simple solutions (you can find it at petsmart, etc ) works really well, in my opinion! spray in the needed area, let sit for a couple minutes, scrub with a rag, then spray again! repeat as needed! we used to use nature's miracle, but happened to try simple solutions... and like is SO MUCH BETTER!
also.. if you can, i would invest in a steam or carpet cleaning vacuum. they work well!

Last edited by AVERYxo; 02-09-2009 at 01:04 PM.
AVERYxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!