View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #13
Miao
No Longer a Member

It was also sad last night when we were heading somewhere. We passed by an incident. It seems it happened not long ago (witnesses already stopped and calling for help) but the driver and his male companion of the vehicle that must have hit the poor pedestrian at the crosswalk in the middle of the road were present. One was holding the injured man up with his legs stretched out in front of him. At first, I only saw a pair of legs stretched out, one of which kept twitching/rocking from side to side. He looked so out of it. I didn't think it was recommended that they MOVE him even. But I guess they held him up to see if he was alright. My feeling is, he (and his body) was too much in shock to feel the pain on his legs and possibly the rest of him. These 3 (incl. the injured) were all middle aged men and yet, I don't know if it's the pedestrian who crossed at the crosswalk before or after the light changed (it was a pedestrian controlled crossing) or if it was the driver who decided to charge through the light as his car was stopped right at the crosswalk line right after the intersection. In either event, the driver must have been distracted and/or driving too quickly to not notice someone crossing. This is in the city; it doesn't get pitch dark. There are street lamps.
Miao is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!