View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #10
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonsmomdana View Post
What kind of "chew" bones do you all recommend? Should I leave it for him when I am not there? I was giving him one by Pedigree that was completely digestible. When he gets it down to the "nub" I throw it away. I have given him rawhide but am so scared he is going to choke. Any suggestions on how to keep him "occupied" when he's home alone?
I don't give Bella the run of the house (she's 9 mo. old) while I'm gone, but she has the run of my bedroom! She has always done really well in there.....I think she mostly just sleeps on my bed!

I don't like rawhide because of the choking/obstruction hazard they pose, especially to little dogs....why not try bully sticks? They are completely digestible and usually last quite awhile. Alyssa ("AMD") sells them on her website, westbrookdog.com. I have tried the ones from Petco, but they really stink...the ones Alyssa (and other YT vendors) sells don't smell too bad. (And FORGET the Walmart kind....they are horrid smelling!) Other than that, just some safe chew toys. I don't give Bella anything edible to chew on because 1) we think she has liver problems so I have to restrict the kinds of protein she gets, and 2) whenever she was little and would chew them, I just couldn't stand the bully's and with the other edible chews her saliva would mix with them and would cake up her paws! Eww! Soooo, I leave her the flexible Nylabones, and she loves them! The dental Nylabones (the ones with the little blue spiny, rubbery nubs) she would chew up to quickly and then the blue bits would start coming off, so I stopped getting those since they aren't meant to be swallowed! Also, I think the hard nylabones are just too hard for her teeth! Anyway.....hope that helps!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!