View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 04:00 AM   #10
yorkieisme
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoandBella View Post
Let me clarify that I was not "bashing" the breeder but merely passing on the facts. Bashing is a very different thing.

I happen to feel that we are very lucky to have Romeo because he is so special. Not everyone would be willing to spend the time or money that we have on him. Let me be VERY clear with you. When I have a pet I make a COMMITMENT! I don't just say ...ohh he's not perfect so let's put him to sleep. Romeo does not have anything terminal or painful so WHY would I put him to sleep????? I'm sorry if my commitment to my dog offends you. Is it my time or money that offends you or maybe it's both? If he was terminal or was in pain, then I would put him to sleep. I am not cruel. When or if that day arrives I will cross that bridge.

Thank goodness you were not the one to end up with him. I guess that's God's way of working things out.

Are you sure your name's not Angela because you certainly seem to have taken offense when you don't know me from adam...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoandBella View Post
Let me clarify that I was not "bashing" the breeder but merely passing on the facts. Bashing is a very different thing.

I happen to feel that we are very lucky to have Romeo because he is so special. Not everyone would be willing to spend the time or money that we have on him. Let me be VERY clear with you. When I have a pet I make a COMMITMENT! I don't just say ...ohh he's not perfect so let's put him to sleep. Romeo does not have anything terminal or painful so WHY would I put him to sleep????? I'm sorry if my commitment to my dog offends you. Is it my time or money that offends you or maybe it's both? If he was terminal or was in pain, then I would put him to sleep. I am not cruel. When or if that day arrives I will cross that bridge.

Thank goodness you were not the one to end up with him. I guess that's God's way of working things out.

Are you sure your name's not Angela because you certainly seem to have taken offense when you don't know me from adam...lol

I don't even know Angela, and if I was why would I go on here and state the yorkies she breeds are just pet only and should have never been allowed to have one puppy much less litters. Also why would I think those hairless dogs are ugly if I breed them. What was that you stated to me? Oh yeah get my facts straight, um seems someone else needs to do the same thing.

I am sorry that you feel your yorkie is not in any pain, however I see it different when he has had 5 surgeries, possibly another one in the future, your words are here:
fontanel was not closed, his eye had a problem - possibly major - and he listed several other things. He called the breeder right then and there

He has had a saliva gland moved up to make a tear duct (he was born without one in one eye) so he could keep his eye. He has a severe liver problem, a pancreas problem, arthritis, his knee is loose in the joint, he has contact allergeries that make it necessary for us to wash our clothes and bedding in allergy-free detergent and only use certain products on him. He has to eat special food. He has had like 5 surgeries. We know he is going to have another one. He walks a fine line every day

Walks a fine line every day is the kicker of all. And you say its not painful, lady have you ever dealt with a liver problem? What about allergies, btw I have allergies and its put me in the hospital for 3 days at a time and I did have pain and guess what it hurt like no other, the treatment was worst. NO a pet is a commitment and Chino gets the best care and love however, that includes doing the right thing when the time comes. Iwill not allow Chino to suffer because I LOVE him too much for me to sit around and watch him die a slow death.

As I see it, the breeder offered to do what was right, take the puppy back. You refused since you "loved him already". So why come on and raise these issues, if you were okay with taken care of him and spending the money to do it? You can't have both, and I see it this way....many people on here try to return the puppy or the puppy died those are the ones that need to be on here, not ones that tries to honor their contract.......and the owners decided to keep the puppy instead....like I said you cannot have it both ways. One or the other. BTW I have had two e-mails this morning stating they wish they could say something, but they are afraid of being attacked..........does that not say something about YT and the members. My thing is I don't care, because I know what I am saying is right and some people need for it to be in there face to see the truth.

Like I stated, people kill me when they come on here to bash or talk dirt about a breeder, but ends it with, well she offered to take the puppy back and exchange it or refund my money, but I LOVED HIM already. Why anyone would pay the same price for a sick puppy vs. a healthy puppy is senseless.

Now lets take a look at the breeder for a second, did you really do your research on yorkies prior to buying one? Because if so you would noticed that one yorkie has tear stains under his eyes. She breeds to produce 4.5 lbs and under, btw the standard is 4-7 lbs, and sometimes you get yorkies with health issues if not bred to the standard. Their hair just does not cut it for me, no shine to it what so ever, very thin. This could be poor breeding habits, or not a healthy diet given to her pets. States all have excellent pedigrees however has only one posted with 22 champions in it. I could go on and on about the others that she breeds since they also do not look to the standard of their breed, but I'm not.

Research is the kicker to everything, YT would have been a very good place to start, since I have seen some YT members post their yorkie for sale, and they are priced at a reasonable price and the parents are awesome looking. When I was looking for my yorkie, I posted a ad here, I had all kinds of Pm's sent with people's yorkies, the thing is none of them ever posted on the board, and guess what they were not to the standard. I found Chino's breeder on here and she breeds to better the breed and he is very healthy. So what I am getting at...........it takes a while to find what you are looking for and a lessoned learned don't jump through the first hoop until you seen what it at the end of it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!