View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #8
Tkstout1
Yorkie Yakker

Wink Thanks...

Yeah I must have not seen it, there are a total of 3 pups...YAY!!
I'll get some pictures in the next few days...
thanks all for all of the support!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasrv4fun View Post
Yes - handle the babies , handle her , let her know that you are in charge - if not and you need to take care of one you may have a problem - all of my girls have me by their side when they whelp and most puppies i handle befor the mom gets them dry - don't be bashful or reticient- get in there and help her - take her out to potty, straighten her blankets and if you were sure she was to have 3 and there isn't three , you better have your vet xray to see if she is still retaining one and he can get her labor started and have the other baby - watch close cause if she has one in there and it dies she will get infection and you will lose her also - check her out and good luck

Congratulations on first babies , i still remember my first Yorkie babies almost 25 years ago- seems like yesterday

watch her carefully for the next few hours and days untill you are sure every thing is ok - also don't for get tail docking /dew claw removal at 3 to 5 days of age - thats a good time to have your vet check mama over if there is no problem before .

Keep us posted and lets see pics
Tkstout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!