View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 06:39 AM   #5
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica18 View Post
Thank you so much for replying! This was very helpful. Ender (my IG) sometimes seems to be bullying Enoch now that you bring it up, and Ender can't really jump on my bed, so Enoch usually gets up on the bed but then he taunts Ender and when they are both up here, and Ender is laying down, sometimes Enoch will walk up to Ender and start egging him on. Enoch is very sweet and a lot less energetic, I have a plush squeeky and non-squeeky toy, Kong toy, rope, and some chew bones for both of them, and neither really seem to want to play with them, especially Enoch. My main wonder is that when I am playing with Ender, Enoch with come up but won't join in, and I'm wondering if maybe he's afraid to. It is very bad weather right now, we are in an ice storm, so they have only been going out to go to the bathroom, and I haven't been able to take them on walks, but when I did go outside with Enoch, that is when he is the happiest and will jump all over Ender and me and just run around.
That's encouraging that Enoch will sometimes pester Ender into playing. Good sign! Just keep playing with Ender and let Enoch watch, he's just trying to figure out the dynamics of his new pack. Encourage him to join in but don't force it, he will when he feels secure. And keep after Ender when he starts to overwhelm Enoch. I tell Gracie and Yogi to Quit! when they get too much for Boo and will even pin them down, gently but firmly, if they don't listen. You are the pack leader and you need to be sure both dogs understand that your word is law. Give it some time, they'll figure it all out.

I thought I'd heard where ya'll were getting hit. Just wait it out and when you can, get them outside for a walk or play time. It seems that Enoch must really enjoy being outside.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!