View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 06:13 AM   #2
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Smile

Hi! Welcome!

Would love to see pictures of both your babies. I think Italian Greyhound's are so regal looking. I'm guessing the weather is pretty bad in MO right now, but if at all possible take them on walks together. That will be the fastest way to bond them as a pack. Try to help wear down your puppy some so that he/she (?) isn't so wired. Then you can try to get Enoch to join in some play. I'd have some soft, hard and squeaky toys available and see if Enoch chooses any of them to play with. Gracie Ruth and Yogi LOVE all toys, but especially squeaky ones. Boo, unfortunately, doesn't care for any toys but seriously dislikes the squeaky ones. Poor Boo. But he will join in and play with the puppies if I or DH is playing with them too.

Lots of love and positive reinforcement to Enoch when he joins in and/or does something good. Let them work out their limits with each other, but keep an eye on your puppy so that he/she doesn't bully Enoch. Puppies have sooooo much energy and can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to play with them. It's worked well for us that Boo was able to get on the couch and the puppies couldn't. He knew if he needed to get away from them he could go there and be safe. Try to find a place for Enoch to know that it is a safe zone and that should help with any frustration from Enoch.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!