View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
lemonlauren
YT Addict

Default Dental Vaccination during Neuter?

The last time we visited our vet, the topic of neutering Nikko came up. Fine by me, I'm all about it. Neuter away!

HOWEVER, my question is about a vaccination she told me about that she wants to give him that's only a year and a half old. She said "these little guys" tend to have problems with their teeth, and the vaccination is against some of the bacteria that leads to some of the more major dental problems. I don't know what the vaccination is called, and I've never heard of such a thing, though I do know yorkies tend to have dental issues. Frankly, I'm scared of the vaccine, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to tell her to not do it.

I'm wondering if any of you have ever heard of this, or have actually had your little one vaccinated with it. And I'm also looking for some reassurance that if I give Nikko plenty of healthy things to chew on, and avoid feeding him anything that could unnecessarily gunk up his teeth (homecooking, canned, etc), that his teeth will be just fine without the vaccination.

Lauren & Nikko
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!