View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
RomeoandBella
No Longer a Member

Default Breeder - Angela White - White Oak Kennels - Magee, MS

We bought our little Romeo from this woman. I checked her out, 14 years experience, all good reviews from what I could find. I went to her house to pick him up. She told us that Romeo had been to a vet and had papers where he had had shots, etc. She told us about his champion blood lines, we saw the parents, etc., the whole nine yards. I never bothered to register him with the AKC because his has so many health problems.

We got him on a Sunday and the next day was Memorial day so our first opportunity to take him to our vet was that Tuesday. I have known our vet since I was about 8 years old so he knew I was already in love with him. Immediately the vet said Romeo had several problems. His fontanel was not closed, his eye had a problem - possibly major - and he listed several other things. He called the breeder right then and there. She said the dog had never actually been to the vet, that she had talked to the vet on the phone - the vet - her brother! That's why no one knew about the fontanel or the eye. But she would take the dog back but her policy was to put the dogs she took back she put to sleep!!! WHAT???????????!!!!!!!!!! That wasn't going to happen.

Obviously we kept Romeo and he is loving and sweet and the light of our lives. He has cost us a fortune and has a lot of special needs. But that's ok, it's just who he is. He has had a saliva gland moved up to make a tear duct (he was born without one in one eye) so he could keep his eye. He has a severe liver problem, a pancreas problem, arthritis, his knee is loose in the joint, he has contact allergeries that make it necessary for us to wash our clothes and bedding in allergy-free detergent and only use certain products on him. He has to eat special food. He has had like 5 surgeries. We know he is going to have another one. He walks a fine line every day and we watch him closely for even minor changes. If we don't catch changes and things go to far it could spell disaster for him.

But Romeo is always happy, always great at the vet - loves to go to the vet. He loves to go anywhere. Always sweet. He is simply a true joy, a true blessing - as they all are. He is not scared of anything but Bella....lol

I did get a call when Romeo was about 2 (he is 4 now - he will be 5 on 4-10) from another woman who bought a dog that became very ill and had read a post I made on another website about this breeder. She wanted me to talk to her lawyer. I agreed but no one ever called me.

When I bought Romeo she told me she only bred Yorkie's and I never saw any other dogs besides Yorkies when I was there. I see on her website now she breeds other dogs. I guess that's new. My advice to anyone would be to find someone besides her if your looking for a breeder.
index

Thanks,
Kathy

Romeo and Bella's Mom
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!