View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
TracyAnn
YorkieTalk Newbie!

My Yorkie was breed once on day 11, 12 & 13 of her cycle. There was never a tie, but there was penetration. I assumed this did the job. On her last day of cycle (21st day) the male got loose and there was a tie. I just assumed that this tie was too late in her cycle to cause pregnancy. She was x-rayed on January 19 and is going to have four pups. 65 days from the first mating was January 23. As of today, January 24, she has not had pups. I realize I could go a few more days because of the multiple breedings; but I'm now concerned that maybe she did not conceive from those breedings on days 11, 12 & 13. That it could possibly be from the breeding on the 21st day of her cycle. The Vet suggests not going past 70 days which is next Wednesday. But if she conceived from the breeding on the 21st day, Wednesday would only be day 60. I have not discussed this with my Vet yet because I just did not think it was possible for her to conceive on the last day of her cycle. She’ll go to the Vet if she hasn’t had the pups by Wednesday. What would you do? Have a c-section because of being possibly overdue or continue on with the pregnancy to see if she whelps on her own?
TracyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!