View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #31
SRD
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

thats really not fair. if they turned you down for your fiance's allergy, thats understandable, but for that, honestly the reason she turned you down for is really not a reason at all.

there are good and bad resues out there. we've had a very positive experience years ago when my mom adopted Simba for me, the rescue workers worked with us in every way we needed, and Simba is the sweetest boy ever!

but there are also bad ones I've heard and experienced. they turn you down for reasons they believe that are valid. for example, my mom's neighbor wanted to adopted a small breed dog, they are a really good candidate IMO, recently retired, financially stable, loving personalities, etc, but they got turned down for not having a fenced in yard, and I know lots of people got turned down for that reason. but honestly I don't think its a big deal. I have a fenced in yard, but my girls have used it no more than three times during the close to fours years that I've had them, because they don't want to go in the grass by themselves, I ended up going in the grass with them, so I figure I would rather just walk them on leash instead, and I've been doing it for four years and have nothing to complain about.
I would really hope rescue groups would work with candidates' specific living situation/have candidates working with them as well, rather than setting standard rules. that way there will be less good matches missed, and more homeless animals placed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!