View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ_61397 View Post
Help! My Jack has picked up a very bad habit from our outside dog...chasing cows! I am so afraid he's going to get stomped on. He's teapot size 16.4 lbs. But that's not the point. What should I do? We put our outside dog Heidi on a zip line so she would quit chasing cows and cars! But before we did Jack picked up the terrible habit. The more you call him the more he does it. Do you think if we totally ignored him that he would stop? I just hate that he does it!

Also, he threw up 4 times last night . My kids told me that he got a hold of a mole and a squirrel. Our outside dog did the hunting and I guess Jack did the eating. He's fine now that it's all out of his system. Does anyone elses yorkie eat nasty things like that?

My kids would chase the horses if they had the chance -- another risky business. My best suggestion would be to not let your Jack outside off leash until he has learned some basic obedience commands including SIT, STAY, COME, DOWN. Once he learns these commands you should be able to recall, and/or have him sit/stay, etc. Remember learning a command means that he will follow the command without fail whenever asked.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!