View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #6
Miao
No Longer a Member

I've always put the cat food on higher ground. It kept my shih-tzu from eating it. My cat only went as far as sniffing the dog food but never tried eating it after I've discouraged such habits from the very beginning. That was the case until now. The cat seems to be in that age where she cares a LOT more about food and likes whatever the puppy's having. She really hates the new food (Wellness) we got her to mix in with her old food (Science Diet Hairball Light) as she picks out the newer stuff to toss aside but she eats it eventually when there's none of her old food left, however reluctantly.

It has worked out for us putting her food bowl on the bathroom counter (I think it's better for cleanup than floors anyway especially when she drops crumbs off to the side all the time and splashes her water). We've also placed it on bookshelves at a reasonable height and also on a little table in the kitchen that's used for misc. things. She knows not to jump on countertops though she does it in the middle of the night when she thinks no one's looking. I've been keeping the puppy food within view of where I am in the house and eventually it just ended up staying in my room since I've also taught the cat not to enter the one bedroom (so she'd only sneak in when I forget to close the door when we're not around or I'm in the shower). This has kept her from dipping her paws and leaving her fur and litter behind in the dog's water.
Miao is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!