View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 05:28 AM   #1
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Cat eats the dog food, dog eats the cat food!

Anyway to putting a stop to this? My cat loves the dog food more than cat food. My dog loves cat food more than dog food.

How can I put a stop to this? They are both so slick....they both do it as soon as I am not watching them. If my dog does not eat all of her food at one time (she likes to save some for later...even with small portions.)my cat will eat the remaining. The same goes for my dog, she will eat all of the cat food when I am not looking. I was thinking about moving the cat dish to someplace higher but that would mean I'd have to go out and buy one of those tower thingys for my cat. My cat has run of the house and since I live alone, I have a tendency to leave all of the doors open. So this basically means she finds the dog food. I've tried changing different brands of food for my cat but she will only eat one brand Iams (when she does eat cat food). I feed my dog wellness and I've tried the same brands I get my dog except for cats and she still prefers the dog food.

It's getting to a point (with my cat) that she has almost completely stop eating her cat food. She's an indoor cat and the only time she goes outside is if I am taking her to the vet.
Any suggestions.....

Last edited by yavenay; 01-22-2009 at 05:32 AM.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!