View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
abock
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyReese View Post
We've had Reese for almost a week now. Her first night we put her in the crate and she never made a PEEP. Night #2 was a different story. She cried, whimpered, kept us up all night.

I read a few books about crate training and did their advice.

1- Put something that has MY scent on it in her crate (a blanket of mine).

2- Gave her a toy

3- Fed her a treat while she was in the crate

And she still cried for hours. We've even moved the crate into OUR bedroom so she knows our scent is THERE, and last night she still cried for a solid hour or 2. We finally tried to see if she had to potty, took her out and all she wanted to do was play. Well, at 1am that's NOT happening. So we put her back, she cried. ANd today I'm sleep deprived.

I really don't want to go through another sleepless night. My 3 year old son can't sleep. I can't. The husband cant. But i'm NOT giving in and letting her have her way (sleeping WITH me).

What else can I do? I feel like a failure after a mere 5 nights!
good luck. I think the best thing is to ignore the crying. Make sure she has eaten, and gone to the bathroom before you put her in there and wait it out. sorry...I have a new yorkie, too, and we have issues with her crying in the crate during the day. at night, she goes right to sleep, but all day long she wants to come out & will cry for 10-20 min. when I ignore her and don't enter the room she quiets down and stays quiet until she sees me again...then starts barking & whining. how old is your pup? if she is not about 16 weeks, i don't think they can hold their bladder all night. Best to you.
abock is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!