View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 05:27 AM   #14
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I think you should ask the breeder about the personality qualities of the parents of your pup to be. My Rowdy (male, obviously) has turned out to be just like his father (at least how the breeder described his father to me). She told me he was very sweet loving and real laid back. When we visited the breeder to get Rowdy, I met his father and was just like that - he let me hold him, he snuggled with me - even though he didn't know me from adam! Well, that is exactly how Rowdy is growing up to be - very loving, very much wanting to please everyone, and very very sweet - and pretty laid back for a 7 12/ month old pup. THOSE are the qualities that I longed for in my new dog - and it seems that those may be the qualities that I got (of course Rowdy is not yet matured, so there may be some surprises). Also, look for the pup that will let you hold him/her on his/her back - and lie still and be comfortable with you in that position. There are some other recommendations for choosing a puppy - but I don't remember them right now. Anyway, the point is that I don't think gender much matters, unless you really have your heart set on one or the other.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!