View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #13
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieOdom View Post
I'm so glad to find this topic. Vaccines have been a sore-spot for a few years. We can't prove it and I've found little information to support it , but my mom took her dog 2 year old Maggie (not a Yorkie) in for shots, and within 3 days, began having seizures. The seizures began coming at 3-5 minute intervals and she had to put the poor little dog down out of compassion for her. Her "former" vet told her it had nothing to do with the vaccines and was generally unconcerned.

I give my Rilee rabies because we have to, but I'm scared to death of the vaccines because of what happened to Maggie. Can anyone shed any light on this?
I'm so sorry about Maggie!.......If Maggie was in perfect health before this shot then your suspicions are most likely correct.....It really gets me upset when vets do this out of greed or ignorance on their part....If it was the vaccine he would never admit it, that would make him responsible and liable.....

All the information you need is out there.....just google " vaccine adverse reactions" or "overvaccinations in pets" and you'll be shocked at what you will find.....as in this site....

What You Should Know About the Rabies Vaccine for Dogs

The vets don't tell you anything about vaccines except that they are "safe" that couldn't be farther from the truth. If you choose to do vaccines the ones recommended are distemper, parvo and rabies. The vet is supposed to only do ONE vaccine at a visit, the next vaccine is not to be done for at least 3-4 weeks. Never do combo shots as in the DHPP, there's usually antigens in there that are not needed. Be prepared for the vet to poo poo your research, been there done that with them. But I've done my homework so it don't work with me anymore......Wylie's mom just posted a chart that is a good one to go by if your unsure on what to do......By the way if a vet tells you that you have to bring your pet in for yearly boosters , run like heck, boosters are a hoax. As far as I'm concerned the vet is committing fraud, and malpractice, I think a vet should be required to explain all the risks and benefits for each vaccine and let the client then decide if they believe it it is worth the risk to the pet. ......

Sorry so long but this subject is just too important to ignore, this decision has the greatest impact on your pets future health...................Good luck......
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!