View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #12
Rockdiva
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaM View Post
I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of this right now. It will get better you just have to get through the bad of right now. And as heartless as it may sound, well, he is a dog, albeit your sweet baby boy, (as much as mine are my sweet babies too) but he will adjust quite nicely to whatever routine you establish. It will all work out, it will just take a little time and you need to be dedicated to a schedule. There are many YT'ers in the DFW area, maybe see if you can do playdates to help out with keeping things stimulating for him. I do a date night with my oldest, Boo. Even though it's only like an hour long, it does soooo much to help his attitude for the rest of the week.

I work full time, have a hubby and 3 Yorkies, have several hobbies that I like to do(need to do for my sanity ), plus the housework, a very active Church life, friends, family, etc... I sit down Sunday afternoon/evening and write out all that needs to be done the next week. Then I prioritize them and then break it up throughout the week to come. That way I know what needs to get done, when I'll do it and I don't get overwhelmed. DH and I have dinner together each night and talk out our day. I have 'kid' time each night, even if it's just 30 minutes, it's focused on just them. I do my housework a little each night so that I'm not suddenly faced with a wreck of a house needing hours to clean. I can schedule more for Fri evenings because I don't have to get up for work on Sat. My DH gets up at 4 a.m. on Sat's to go to work, so I get up then also. Funny how getting up at that time on Sat isn't as hard as on a work day. I bathe the dogs and spend some 1-1 time with each of them. I then do what chores I've assigned to Sat and am usually done by noon. That leaves me the rest of Sat free, that's when I do what I want to do. Play more with the kids, take them out, meet with friends, work on a project for the house or on one of my hobbies. Sunday days are church and time with hubby. Sunday evening I do my schedule for next week and get things set up for Mon morning and finish doing anything that I want to do. It works for me because I can see what has to be done, what I want to do and the time available for it each week. I don't feel so overwhelmed, or like I'm 'shorting' anyone, including myself.

Just find a routine that works for you, try it out, tweak it if need be, and don't beat yourself up over the things you think you should be doing. Just do what you can, it'll all come out in the wash, as my mom use to say.

What a great suggestion!!! I did a search of the message board on "Fort Worth" and found a recent post from someone who lives very close to me wanting to set up a playdate and had another respones from someone else who lives close by! This is great! Hopefully I hear back from them! Thanks for that idea!
Rockdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!