Thread: Vaccination ???
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
Rockdiva
YT Addict

It is my understanding that it is in the AAHA Guidelines that IF you are going to do the vaccines, they should not be given together in one shot or in the same local area. Like someone mentioned above, if there is a reaction to a vaccine, vets are 'required' to report it and to which vaccine the reaction was to. They would not be able to do this with an 'all in one' shot, cause there is no way to know which vaccine they are reacting to. But it has been my experience that it is hard to find a vet who does the shots the way they are supposed to, much less report it if there is a reaction. (At least where I am) I made the decision to start seeing a vet who has hollistic approach to vet medicine and vaccinates based on individual titers and the dogs lifestyle. He is not so hollistic that he doesn't feel there is a place for conventional medicine if used properly. I really like that. (He is Dr Messioner, wrote the "Natural Health Bible for Dogs and Cats, great book, I recommend for anyone) I see him once a year because he is so far away (so hard to find them) and have a local vet that I see when needed, but each time I go, they want to talk to me again about getting the vaccines! I also use a groomer/boarder who accepts titer results in place of vaccination records. I probably didn't help you much here with your problem, did I????
Rockdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!