View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #12
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaritaville View Post
If he is a Major General I'm sure he has a college degree. I have a friend who was in the Army, then was sent to officer candidate school. He only had a high school education and made it to Lt. When he asked what his chances were of promotion above Lt, they told him chances were slim if any. He went back to school, got his BA and MA. He retired as a Major. I hope thinks work out, give it some time.
Thanks, this is good to know. I went back and read his emails again. His father was from the U.S., married a Malaysian woman. At first I took his grammar as less than educated, but it is clear in his poetry. I half wonder if he didn't spend most of his childhood in Malaysia and I am reading broken English rather than lack of education? I asked him to tell me where he went to school, hopefully that will fish out more info. I'll keep everyone posted.

Here are a couple of pics, one in his "Hummie" and the other with his daughter. His name is Tim. I don't know when he is coming home on leave, but he says he will retire from the service in 2 years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hummie small.jpg (21.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg TT small.jpg (8.2 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Gracie2006; 01-09-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Gracie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!