View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Help me find the words!

So, I signed up with one of these online dating sites. I have been chatting online with this guy. He is gorgeous, a Major General serving in the Army in Afghanistan. He is super sweet, writes me little poems every day. He really seems to be "An Officer and a Gentleman". We seem to have some things in common, but I'm not sure how much of it he is just telling me what I want to hear. He didn't really open up about his likes etc. until after I shared mine. It's really hard to get information out of him.

Here's the deal. He wants someone who loves kids. He has a beautiful little daughter by his first wife (she passed from cancer 5 years ago). While I'm sure his daughter is wonderful, I have no interest in kids, never wanted them, still don't. I have my Master's degree, I don't think he is educated beyond high school. There is nothing wrong with that but I am looking for someone who is able to stimulate me intellectually and just don't think he can. I really think he is lonely and has started getting attached to me. I think he is looking for a replacement for his first wife and a mother for his daughter; I don't think I can give him either. I keep having these visions that he will come home on leave and expect to move in with me. What can I say to let him know that I would like to be his friend but don't think there is a future in the romance department? I know I could do a lot worse and I really feel for him being in Afghanistan with his daughter living with her grandmother in Malaysia. "Dear Abby", please help!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!