Thread: New here :-)
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
bethc125
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile New here :-)

Hi Im new here but been lurking for a little while. My name is Beth and I live in Indiana. My hubby and I decided to get our new baby (yorkie) sometime in late February or March, or as close to the end of winter as possible. We currently have a male Golden Retriever that is the biggest baby Ive ever had as a dog. Other than shedding I couldnt ask for a better dog. He is a little over 2 years old and is so calm. We also have 3 human babies ages 2 (soon will be 3), 4, and 6.
Ive been reading up on all of your advice on a lot of things and I am so glad I found this site. You have made my mind up on so many things and educated me on so much I didnt know. I do know I will be crate training just like I did with my Golden for sure. So I have a few questions and some things I need advice on...

1. My golden retriever is a male and is not neutered but will be before we bring the yorkie into the house. Do you think there will be any big issues if we get a male yorkie and neuter him also as soon as he can be? (they will never be left unsupervised due to my goldens size)

2. My Golden currently eats Canidae All Life Stages. Will a Yorkie puppy be able to eat that at first? or should I get some kind of small puppy kibble like Wellness or something?

3. What age is best to bring a Yorkie home in your opinion? 6, 8, 10, 12 weeks?

4. I hear about having to have Yorkies teeth pulled. Is that every Yorkie? is there any other medical issues that have to be dealt with that are common like that?

5. What is your most favorite thing about your Yorkie baby or babies?

Im sure I will have more questions but thats all that is on my mind at the time. Any advice you have for me will be greatly appreciated I look forward to talking with all of you more

Beth
bethc125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!