View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl View Post
Really severe diarrhea will result in blood. Her intestinal tract is irritated. If you can get a bit of feces for a stool sample..they'll test that. A routine cbc test will indicate whether or not she's fighting off an infection. She may be a bit dehydrated and they'll give her an iv of fluids. And likely they'll advise nothing more than offering her a bland diet for a few days.

If she's looking for food...she must be feeling better. So that's a good sign.
Thank you so much for this information. I am new to this, and she has never been ill. Suzi up and her behavior is good. She got very excited when my son came out of his room , so i am praying the worst is over. She did drink a god amount of water 5 min ago. I hope she will be able to keep it down.
Do you believe it is still necessary to take her in? I thought if the vet took her temp. it would tell if she had a fever or not. A bland diet for a pup is what? I know for humans it is the BRAT diet. How about a pup ? my father told me the same thing about IV fluids .
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!