View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #52
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexxie View Post
Just to be clear my male I rehomed, for a fair adoption fee, was 2 years old. The person I sold him to told me she was going to have her female fixed in 2 weeks. She then told me that she caught them tied and she didn't even know her dog was in heat. I understand how you may think it is partially my fault because he wasn't fixed, but at the low adoption fee I got ($175) and driving an hour and a half, I would think that the new owner could be a responsible one and pay to have him fixed herself, or atleast have her female fixed like she said she was going to. Had I known that I was going to be so childishly attacked for sharing something with this community, I would have kept my mouth shut. Up until now, everyone has been very friendly and helpful. And besides all the BS, my concern wasn't that she had bred her female. That's her business and I can't help what goes on there.. my concern was she was letting the pups go at 6 wks. I, as a concerned yorkie parent, emailed her and told her she should not let them go at 6 weeks and she agreed to keep them until 9. As I said previously, I KNOW they shouldn't leave before 12 weeks, but 9 weeks is alot better than 6. Atleast they will be fully weaned. I however am not going to accept responsibility for what she does with her pups just because my male wasn't fixed. You all are entitled to your own opinions........but I'm sure that somewhere in the mix theres a dog somewhere sitting in a shelter that has came from one of your lines. Do you hold yourselves accountable for that too? It is out of my hands now, I can only hope she does the right thing. So, that being said, I guess YorkieTalk was good while it lasted and I shall now find another site that isn't going to attack me, to share my feelings with..
You're a breeder, right? Please just take away a valuable lesson from this experience. Reputable breeders spay and neuter adults before they are placed in pet homes. The new owner is expected to pay the cost of the spay or neuter, updating shots, etc.
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!