View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I have several retired females that are just part of our family that I would never part with and I have had a few others that I have either sold or placed for free in to loving homes over the years. One was 3 years old and a few other were 5 or 6 years old. I know it is a difficult thing to do. My advise is to just take your time and ask many questions. What you charge is totally up to you. I feel that finding the best home is the most important thing but I personally think anywhere from $200 to $500 for a retired female is reasonable, depending on her age. You just need to find a home that would be best suited to your female's personality. It is not cruel to rehome if you find the right home. Some dogs would have a hard time adjusting and other would do just fine. It really depends on their personality. A yorkie that has been not been raised with children would probably have a hard time adjusting to a house full of kids and people. A yorkie that has been raised with free run of the home and that is used to being around people all the time would not be happy in a home where they are penned up and the new owners are gone a lot. Personally I like to retire my dogs with people that are retired or stay at home and can devote a lot of time to taking care of their yorkie. Best of luck to you.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!