View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
I was worried that it was arthritis- but i'm only 25 and thought there HAD to be another reason- and i just stumbled across the study that took place in England- it is very interesting- I'm going to mention it to my doctor in the new year- see what she thinks.
Age has nothing to do with when Arthritis can affect a person.I was 22 when mine started acting up and I have 2 of my 4 boy's that have Juvenal Rheumatoid Arthritis. My one son was only 2 when he had to start getting treated for it, He also has a Primary Immune Defect and it was believed to be why his JRA started up. We were a bit surprised when my oldest son started to have his flared up when he was only 8, he had no medical problems prior to that. They are being treated by a Ped Rheumatologist. They were both found to be Hyper extended in most of their joints, so their knees , elbows, wrist, fingers and ankles bend farther back making it hurt more than just having the JRA. They both have a 504 plan for school because sometimes its hard for them to even pick up a pencel to write, so they can have a scribe or other aid with test and home work. Also it doesn't act up all the time but when it does boy you know they hurt! Their medication is only given as needed at this time because of their age.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!