View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
chloesMama
YT 1000 Club Member

With our first dog we knew we wanted small and non-shedding but didn't have an actual size requirement for what "small" would be . We figured around a Westie's size was a good start. Sydney was 8-10 weeks old when we got her , she is now three years old and around 12 lbs. I thought she was a perfect size . We wanted small but not to small and we also wanted a dog to run and play with the kids ( which she DOES), A very small chi would not have worked.

Chloe on the other hand is very small. She is 8 months and 2.5 lbs. The breeder didn't think she would get over 3 lbs. fully grown. I wasn't really looking for a specific size , but I fell for her , and knew she was for us.

I agree that some people only want it for the "purse " factor . They have no idea of all the other things that can come with having a pup that small. Chloe is no delicate flower ( atleast in her own mind) she will try to do anything without regard to her size...so we have to watch her alot more than we did Sydney at the same age.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!