Thread: About Papers...
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #13
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissy View Post
When I bought Missy from a backyard breeder, she mentioned that the Mom had papers and the Dad did not. I didn't really care at the time because I'm not planning on breeding or showing my pets. Now, I'm just kind of curious about the papers. I live in Canada. Would Missy's Mom's papers tell me a bit more about where Missy came from? Is there any useful information on there that I might be interested in? If so, would it be rude of me to ask this woman for them? She was very nice and easy to deal with, I'm just wondering if it would be a normal thing to ask for, or if it's her private information. I'm not even really sure what the papers are for. I'm pretty naive when it comes to all of this
It certainly wouldn't be rude to ask to see the mom's papers. And yes, it's a "normal" thing to do. Ideally, a breeder will show you the pedigree and papers before you buy a puppy. It isn't her private information, it should be part of the screening process.

I've attached pictures of American Kennel Club registration papers and a pedigree so you can see the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
About Papers...-lanya_kennel.jpg   About Papers...-hershey_pedigree.jpg  
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!