Thread: Cat Problems?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
no3yshhc0la
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennysMum View Post
How old is Sinatra? As odd as it sounds, pacing around and yowling at night can be an early sign of a couple of medical problems in cat. Thyroid issues are very common and that kind of behavior can be an early symptom. If it were my kitty, I'd ask a vet to run a little bloodwork just to rule out medical causes before putting it down to behavior.
We're not sure of his exact age but we're guessing around 2 1/2 years old. He was just into the vet around the end of November and everything checked out ok. The first time he was taken in, he ended up having an upper respiratory infection. The vet prescribed him some meds and told us to come back in 2 weeks so he could get his vaccinations then. The infection cleared up quickly and we went back after 2 weeks to get his vaccinations.

We wonder if maybe he's just bored at night? or just tries to get on my brother's nerves just so he gives him a little attention. We got him some new toys for x-mas so we're hoping it'll help a little bit. Lately, I haven't been hearing him meow that much anymore so maybe it was just a phase and he's over it. Either that, or he's getting on the right sleep schedule now.
no3yshhc0la is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!