View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
Lillys_Mommy
Yorkie Yakker

Unlove 19 Week Old Puppy Won't Eat after Vet Visit?!

My boyfriend got me Lilly for an early birthday gift last week. She was shy and scared the first few days, but by Friday evening, she was happy, chasing us, playing with the kitties, playing with her toys, ect. At that point, she was having a hard time chewing dry food, so we called the vet and they said to try yogurt or canned food. We gave her a little canned food, and she loved it.

Saturday she went to her vet appointment, and checked out great. Got a shot, and they put some drops in her nose. Was kind of tired that night, but was ok. By Sunday evening she was vomiting, had diarrhea, was coughing and weezing, and refused food. She'd drink water, that is it. We took her back to the vet yesterday, concerned, and they gave her something for the vomiting and diahrrea and some take-home antibiotics for an upper respitory thing. Vet said do anything at this point to get her to eat, she hasn't eaten since Saturday. She's just very sad and just wants to sleep.

I'm trying to be paitent and let the meds work, and see if she'll come around, but I'm going crazy seeing her like this!! I've been trying to put the food in her mouth, but she spits it back out. The only thing I have been able to do is put yogurt on her nose and she licks it off. What do y'all think I should do? We are heartbroken for her......
Lillys_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!