Thread: Cat Problems?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
no3yshhc0la
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLadies View Post
Ok - I have a few ideas.. here they are:

Is Sinatra feeling ok? (vet visit if he's not).

What is Sinatra's breed? Is he Siamese or even part Siamese? I had a Siamese for 18 years (he lived to 18!) and he'd wake up EVERY NIGHT at 4:00 am and meow like crazy. When we moved to a time zone 2 hours away, he then meowed every night at 2:00am like crazy. It was just his thing I guess. He was fine. Siamese is a loud breed of cats.

OR, perhaps he needs some play time before bed. Give him lots of toys like fuzzy mice to bat around. Or some catnip in a place on the floor for him to go & rub on when he's bored. Or perhaps he needs another cat to keep him company. (I'll bet your brother will like that advise, huh? ) I have 2 cats now (along with my 2 dogs) and they keep each other company.

Cats supposedly sleep like 18 hours a day.

OH! Here's another thought ... is he Neutered yet?

Over a month ago when he went in to the vet to get updated on his shots, he ended up having an upper respiratory infection. The vet prescribed some meds and it cleared up within 2 weeks and he has been fine health wise ever since.

He definitely isn't Siamese, looks more just like your general everyday cat. I mean he was rescued so I don't know if it's possible he has some Siamese in him, but he definitely looks nothing like one.

He has tons of toys around in the basement that he bats around. He has a habit of batting them under things (the couch & especially under the laundry room door) and unfortunetely we have to keep the laundry room door closed because he knows his food's in there. He'll either go sit on the container where the food is or somehow knock it over. When he's given catnip, he won't sleep forever. Lately, he has been more active since we did have to put him on a diet because he was overweight. He's starting to get rid of some of that extra "blubber" so he has become more active and running around a lot more.

My parents would absolutely kill him if he brought home another cat. They didn't approve of him bringing Sinatra home at all. We don't let Sinatra or Sasha interact or play with each other. Sometimes they'll be ok and other times they won't be. Plus at the time when Sinatra was first brought home, we had cockatiels at the time so he definitely wasn't aloud upstairs. They have unfortunetely since then passed but my mom still doesn't want him upstairs because he gets into EVERYTHING and she doesn't want cat hair everywhere.

Yes he is neutered as well. That was done about 1-2 months after he was brought home.
no3yshhc0la is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!