View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
Fluffles
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseanderson View Post
I am worried about teeth cleaning and going under for my little guy......but can one of you tell me what you paid for teeth cleaning......I understand that this is pricey too and costs may vary depending on the vet......but so that I have an idea would be very helpful.....
Last month my vet recommended that Ruff have his teeth cleaned-- she mentioned that the cleaning would be $225 on special in February. I'm concerned about Ruff being under as well as the cost. If it becomes necessary, I will certainly have it done, as oral health is really important and I trust my vet's practice. In the meantime, I have begun brushing Ruff's teeth with the product she gave us, Virbac C.E.T. poultry flavored paste with a fingerbrush. He doesn't enjoy the brushing, but he likes licking the toothpaste, and after a month of doing this a few times a week, his mouth is looking and smelling twice as nice. He had a lot of scaly buildup, but the brushing is removing that as well as the daily plaque. I'm really impressed with the results and am going to keep at it. I am also going to pick up the C.E.T. dental chews again. They are just coated rawhide, but when I had two Yorkies, they fought over them. I'll let you know how he's looking by February- I really hope he won't need the professional dental. Good luck with your little one!

P.S. No, I wasn't being a Virbac spokesperson! hehe It's the only toothpaste I've ever used but it's working for us.

Last edited by Fluffles; 12-09-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Fluffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!